Eye strain and work related musculoskeletal discomfort are some of the biggest workplace health and safety issues for people who use computers for a living.
Yet, despite decades of office ergonomics training, ergonomics furniture and workplace wellness programs, most call centres and office based businesses are finding their injury rates are increasing rather than decreasing.
Why? Because training was focused on the wrong things and delivered in the wrong way.
Let us show you the difference. Contact us for a hassle free chat about your needs.
Our training programs are evidence based and rigorously tested to deliver long-term outcomes.
Through our unique structured blend of skills based development, trouble-shooting and mentoring delivered over three short, highly focused sessions, we ensure maximum knowledge retention and application in the workplace.
Our courses are fun, interactive and results driven. This means they don’t labour the theory but focus on the skills individuals need to apply.
Our programs do more than deliver knowledge, they:
- Turn ergonomics knowledge into habitual work practice.
- Equip workers with the ability to quickly adjust their own work environment to match their individual body size, type and needs. Adjustment is done by them – not TO them!
- Ensure individuals take responsibility for their own comfort and health.
- Reduce the need for additional expensive furniture, gadgets or external consultants.
4 Other Great Things We Do:
- Conduct a pre-training survey and participant questionnaire to refine and target the program to meet your organisation’s specific issues and needs (No cookie cutter training here!)
- We provide extensive individual attention to ensure that each person, team leader and worker can demonstrate applied knowledge in the workplace.
- Provide diagnostic tools and data gathering surveys to track changes and measure outcomes, as well as skills development tools and assessment sheets.
- Deliver detailed management reports post training at the 1 month and 12 month marks, to track changes and measure tangible outcomes. Where possible, these reports also include a comparison on in-house measures of absenteeism, Workers Compensation Claims and use of medical services. This allows clear estimation of ROI of the program.
In other words – we deliver measurable results!